Custom Navigation Bar

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Mini Babymoon

I cannot believe that there are only 6 weeks left of our little Sorenson family consisting of just the two of us! It seems so surreal to me.  
This is why Kolby and I both thought it would be a perfect idea to take a quick day trip to NYC to see the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, eat our little hearts out, and just relax together.
Our hotel, The Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson,  was incredible and the view was to die for.  We sat on the couch probably for hours just watching the lights of the city across the Hudson.  
We enjoyed the Christmas displays on 5th avenue, the hustle and bustle of the city at Christmas time, of course some truffles from the Lindt store, and a yummy yummy dinner.
What a perfect little vacation to get us in the Christmas spirit and to celebrate our last few weekends together by ourselves. It was magical!
Bonus funny story...
As I'm sure a lot of you witnessed, there was a HUGE winter storm blanketing pretty much the entire country this past weekend and Kolby and I knew that on our drive back to Baltimore from New York we would encounter some snow and ice so we decided to leave early.  
Well... right outside of Philidelphia the storm hit immediately and cars were sliding off the road left and right, the visibility was little to none, and I was PANICKING! I have had anxiety about winter driving conditions ever since I had a scare last year in Utah and now that I'm pregnant, it made my anxiety multiply! I cried, literally.
My sweet husband got us a hotel room at the nearest little place that we could find, I still have no idea what the town was called! 
We will always remember our snowed in night at the Travelodge and our ordered-in Italian food, movies, and naps. I wouldn't have changed a thing!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment