Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Thursday, April 17, 2014
Happy Thursday babes!
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
I'm being dramatic for a reason, I promise. The first time I put it on, it immediately reminded me of Lupita Nyong'o's incredible Prada dress she wore to the Academy Awards this year. And let's be honest... who doesn't want to feel like Lupita Nyong'o?
When you're done twirling your hands around the room, holding up your pretend princess dress, try the other colors from the Essie Resort 2014 collection! They're all pretty great.
Happy Tuesday and all hail Lupita!!
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Now I think I will go print off this gorgeous free printable from Yellow Bliss Road found here to finish it all off.
All of my decor was purchased at Tai Pan Trading.
Hoppy Easter everybody!
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
I started with the basics.
Basket, basket filler, and large easter eggs.
Let me just say, I'm not a fan of the big $10 Easter baskets. It seems like a waste of money when you can only use them for Easter, they cost $10, and they either get thrown out or get broken before you can use them the next year. I found this chicken wire basket for $12 at HomeGoods (and purchased two of them because they're adorable!) and I can use them in his room for storage after Easter. So in my opinion, spend the extra $2-$5 and get some cute storage solutions for your nursery! The Land of Nod has some really cute baskets and bins here.
As far as the basket filler goes, make sure you throw it away or bag it up for next year as soon as baby is done seeing the basket. I feel like it could easily become very dangerous if they get their little hands on it.
I bought the shiny easter eggs at Target. They are fill-able but I left them empty because Cam isn't quite dextrous enough to know how to open them and he will love just staring at the pretty colors and shapes. Make sure these are large easter eggs (large enough that if they came apart, neither of the ends could fit in baby's mouth).
Now the fun stuff!
- Soft bunny, of course! Kolby thinks this is too girly but I don't care! He's my baby, not a grown man. Of course he can have a soft bunny. Haha! Grown men can too, I won't judge...
- Sophie - Because she's one of the highest rated children's toys out there. Can't pass that up!
- Bubbles for us to blow and for him to wonder at.
- Board books. There are so many cute board books out there, these are just the beginning of a very large collection I would like the grow!
- His favorite pacifiers, of course. Can't have too many of these on hand.
- Bow tie and bunny ears. These are more for my own amusement (woops!) But really, how cute is he going to look in these?! Target dollar section does it again.
- Teething toys
- Stuffed animal - I made the mistake of showing him this monkey (he's obsessed with monkeys) before putting the basket together. I just wanted to see what he thought! Well, long story short, a huge smile came across his face and my heart melted and then broke because I felt bad taking it away! So far it's still in the basket, not sure if it will last until Easter...
All of these items can be found at Target. Easy peasy!
Freelance Easter bunny. Check.
What would you put in your infant's Easter basket?
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Wouldn't it be nice if you only needed a few items to create an entirely fresh wardrobe this spring? I don't know about you, but it has been a long winter and I'm ready to pack away the parkas and boots for now. I think that these 15 pieces can transform a wardrobe and create multiple chic spring outfits. And hello, how perfect for traveling? One carry on bag, over 30 outfit options!
OUTERWEAR: Tweed bomber jacket - White boyfriend blazer - Khaki trench coat
TOPS: Loose floral blouse - Bright knit crew neck sweater - White chiffon button-up blouse
BOTTOMS & DRESSES: Bright a-line midi skirt - Distressed boyfriend jeans - Striped shift dress - Floral maxi dress
SHOES: Nude ankle booties - Color blocked d'orsay flats - Pastel pointed toe pumps
ACCESSORIES: Neutral wool fedora - Bright embroidered clutch
Below are a few of the many outfit possibilities!