Custom Navigation Bar

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Must-Have Maternity Items

As I near the end of my pregnancy, I decided to make a list of items that I couldn't live without over the past 9 months.  A huge industry is being created directed towards expecting mamas and helping them feel more comfortable (THANK GOODNESS!) and how lucky are we that we get to partake?  I know my mother loved her pregnancies just as much as the next woman, but did she have a Snoogle pregnancy pillow? I mean, come on! It's the greatest invention ever.
 
Let's start from the top.  The pregnancy pillow.  Where do I begin?  Just the best thing ever (my husband even steals it on occasion... shh!) I love my Snoogle.  
I recently grabbed an exercise ball from Wal-Mart after learning about the incredible benefits of using one during early and active labor.  For more information on these techniques, go here.  My ball (found here) was less than $10, it doesn't get better than that! 
Having been pregnant during the fall and winter months, layering is key.  I loved comfortable and simple 3/4 sleeve or long sleeve tee shirts that I could pair with cute coats or sweaters. My favorite were the Pea In The Pod basic tees (SO soft).
It's healthy practice for everyone to drink a lot of water, but during pregnancy it is even more important to stay hydrated.  I had a Starbucks tumbler and a Bubba tumbler and filled them with ice and water.  I found that this was my key to drinking more water, through a straw! Who knew.
My skin has been better than I've seen it in years while I've been pregnant, luckily.  Therefore, I nixed the thick foundation and concealer and try to stick with a tinted moisturizer for daily wear.  Much more comfortable, much less work... a win win!
Chapped lips are common for me lately. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather, pregnancy, or both, but Maybelline's Baby Lips chapsticks are the BEST!  BONUS: They have a touch of color so you don't look washed out.
Black maternity leggings with the band that covers the belly were my best friends.  I only bought one pair, next go round I will buy 3 or 4!  I got mine from Destination Maternity.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, lavender baths are my thing.  As I got further along in my pregnancy I came to a shocking realization... I couldn't shave my legs in the shower anymore! Boo! I also found baths to be calming and a good opportunity to practice breathing techniques.  You will definitely find me in the tub during the early labor stages at home.
Lastly, the BabyCenter App on my iPhone has been so nice to keep track of milestones throughout the pregnancy, see how many days I have left, and to check on anything I had a question about. I would highly recommend it for first-time mommies like myself!

xo -
 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment