Custom Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Baby's First Easter Basket

I can't even tell you the joy it brings me to be the Easter bunny for the first time.  Is that weird?  I've been looking forward to this ever since I found out (whispering now) he wasn't real.  After the crocodile tears, I realized how much fun it would be one day to make a perfect Easter basket for my children.
 I started with the basics.  
Basket, basket filler, and large easter eggs.
Let me just say, I'm not a fan of the big $10 Easter baskets.  It seems like a waste of money when you can only use them for Easter, they cost $10, and they either get thrown out or get broken before you can use them the next year.  I found this chicken wire basket for $12 at HomeGoods (and purchased two of them because they're adorable!) and I can use them in his room for storage after Easter.  So in my opinion, spend the extra $2-$5 and get some cute storage solutions for your nursery! The Land of Nod has some really cute baskets and bins here.
As far as the basket filler goes, make sure you throw it away or bag it up for next year as soon as baby is done seeing the basket.  I feel like it could easily become very dangerous if they get their little hands on it.
I bought the shiny easter eggs at Target.  They are fill-able but I left them empty because Cam isn't quite dextrous enough to know how to open them and he will love just staring at the pretty colors and shapes.  Make sure these are large easter eggs (large enough that if they came apart, neither of the ends could fit in baby's mouth).

Now the fun stuff!
  • Soft bunny, of course!  Kolby thinks this is too girly but I don't care! He's my baby, not a grown man.  Of course he can have a soft bunny.  Haha!  Grown men can too, I won't judge...
  • Sophie - Because she's one of the highest rated children's toys out there.  Can't pass that up!
  • Bubbles for us to blow and for him to wonder at.
  • Rattle
  • Board books.  There are so many cute board books out there, these are just the beginning of a very large collection I would like the grow!
  • His favorite pacifiers, of course.  Can't have too many of these on hand.
  • Bow tie and bunny ears.  These are more for my own amusement (woops!) But really, how cute is he going to look in these?! Target dollar section does it again.
  • Teething toys
  • Stuffed animal - I made the mistake of showing him this monkey (he's obsessed with monkeys) before putting the basket together.  I just wanted to see what he thought!  Well, long story short, a huge smile came across his face and my heart melted and then broke because I felt bad taking it away!  So far it's still in the basket, not sure if it will last until Easter...
All of these items can be found at Target.  Easy peasy!
 
Freelance Easter bunny. Check.

What would you put in your infant's Easter basket?

xo -
  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment